Our Watch Awards Entry Requirements
2017 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The Our Watch Awards are created by Our Watch Limited and administered by The Walkley Foundation.
The Our Watch Awards are open to all journalists and media organisations for work produced in Australia during the eligibility period of July 15, 2016 through to July 7, 2017.
By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to comply with these entry requirements. Failure to comply with these entry requirements may lead to an entry being excluded and/or an entrant being disqualified. No responsibility for late, lost, stolen, damaged or misdirected entries is accepted by Our Watch or The Walkley Foundation.
Entries are limited to items produced in a media capacity and representing a commercial or independent media individual/organisation.
- Entrants are allowed to submit the same entry into any three categories either as an individual or team entry. Entrants must complete a new and separate submission for each award category.
- Each entrant may enter only once in each category The exception to this rule is with team or joint entries. In this instance you may submit up to two entries per category. That is: one single entry and as a member of a team or joint entries.
Each category winner will be a contender for the Gold award.
All entries must:
- Be submitted (including with all submission requirements satisfied) by the closing date of midnight on Monday, July 17, 2017;
- Have been published, posted (online), broadcast or televised during the eligibility period;
- Be original work and comply with copyright requirements;
- Declare any legal complaints, defamation actions, contempt of court actions, suppression orders, challenges to the accuracy, corrections or claims of plagiarism, relevant to the work at the time of entry.
- Have their work verified by their employer or commission editor. If an entrant is verifying their own work they must make this clear in their supporting statement
- Must declare if the creation of the work involved payment for information or an interview.
- Adhere to the MEAA Code of Ethics;
- Provide a translation where the original piece is not in English.
All entries must be accompanied by a signed entry confirmation form which includes your supporting statement. This will be sent to you once your online entry is complete.
NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS
To facilitate easy access for judging, entrants should place URLs outside any pay wall. If that proves infeasible, the entry should provide a username and password for judges, plainly indicated in the supporting statement.
All entries must be the sole work of the entrant/s. Each entry will be judged by a panel of judges based on the judging criteria published here. If applicable, any prizes awarded cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
The Our Watch Awards reserve the right to reproduce and use all submitted material in the awards presentation, and for the purpose of promoting the awards. Please note that entries and submitted material will not be returned. There is no fee for entering the awards. The Judges’ decision on all awards will be final and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute.
Award winners in each award category will be announced at the awards ceremony in Sydney in September 2017. Award winners will also be notified by phone or email. Each category winner will be a contender for the Gold award. For more information on specific categories see
For more information on specific categories see Award Categories
- For media resources including reporting guidelines CLICK HERE
- For information about the National Media Engagement Project CLICK HERE
- For facts and figures including infographics about violence against women CLICK HERE
Still have questions? Please contact Awards Manager Lauren Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org /02 9333 0913