Walkley Award Guidelines for Group and Team Entries
Since their inception in 1956, the Walkley Awards have always valued and celebrated journalistic achievement.
There are two Walkley Award classifications of entries comprising more than one entrant: team entries and group entries.
Group entries comprise two or four people who will be recognised individually.
A group entry should consider only those who have made a significant journalistic contribution to be a part of the entry. REMEMBER: Name order should be according to journalistic input.
The following guidelines have been established to assist this process:
- In the case of a group entry being nominated as a finalist, all names will be recognised as part of that entry.
- Each group entrant must sign the emailed entry form and clearly state their role in the entry, i.e. editor, producer, reporter, researcher etc.
- Each entrant may only enter once in each category. The exception is for joint and team entries. In this instance, you may submit up to two entries per category. That is: one single entry and as a member of a team or joint entry or two joint or team entries (members must be different).
- An entry fee applies if any member of a group entry is a non-member of MEAA. All names and associated MEAA membership numbers must be provided for a group to be eligible for free entry. Nonmembers may join by telephoning 1300 656513.
- In the case of a group entry’s nomination as a finalist, two invitations will be issued to the Walkley Award Gala Dinner. Other group members may purchase additional tickets.
- Group entry Walkley winners will receive one Walkley trophy. Additional trophies may be purchased from the Walkley Foundation.
Team entries comprise more than four people who will be recognised only as a collective.
- A team entry is an entry produced by more than three individuals and should be attributed to the print publication or section, network or program. It should be listed this way under “entrant’s name” in the entry form.
- For team entries, all names involved with the team must still be provided on a separate page (including MEAA membership numbers) along with the entry form.
- An entry fee applies if any member of a team entry is a non-member of MEAA. All names in a team entry must be provided (stating MEAA membership number) to be eligible. Non-members may join by telephoning 1300 656513.
- In the case of a team entry’s nomination as a finalist, two invitations will be issued to the Walkley Award Gala Dinner. All team members may purchase additional tickets.
- Team entry Walkley winners will receive one Walkley trophy. Additional trophies may be purchased through the Walkley Foundation.
The Walkley Advisory Board reserves the right to withdraw a Walkley Award or nomination for entrants who have not adhered to the rules of entry.