2016 Brisbane Internship Opportunities
The Walkley Foundation is the professional development arm of the Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance (MEAA). The foundation administers the Walkley Awards, Australia’s most prestigious accolades for journalism, and also organises including all State Media Awards as well as training and development programs for journalists and other media professionals.
Who we are looking for?
Internships are open to final year students with an events management, public relations or journalism tertiary focus. If you are in your final year, are passionate about Australian journalism, have a can-do attitude and a variety of skills you’re keen to hone, we want to hear from you!
Where will you work?
The Brisbane office is located in South Brisbane with onsite parking available. All State Media Awards are administered from the Brisbane office so you will be contacting and liaising with industry professionals in all states across the nation.
How long is an internship?
A standard internship is three weeks, full-time in our Brisbane office; however there are opportunities for longer term placements.
What will you work on?
Depending on the time of year in which an internship falls, interns assist on a variety of projects with the marketing, communications, social media and event operations for our key program areas including:
- Recognising Excellence: State Media Awards Programs held throughout the year.
- Photography Program (includes the annual Nikon-Walkley Photo Exhibition national tour, Art & About and our annual Slide Nights in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane)
- Training & Development Program (a series of national training courses focussing on the online social media skills our members need now and for the future)
- Promoting Press Freedom (centred around our annual Press Freedom Australia Dinner)
These programs are developed for MEAA members who comprise of journalists, photographers, public affairs professionals, freelancers and other media representatives.
How to apply?
For more information or to apply contact Anna Magnus, National Manager, State Media Awards at email@example.com with:
- Your current CV
- Completed intern application form
- Signed lecturer declaration: Lecturer declaration form.pdf
- Your dates of availability for the internship
- A 250-word statement about why you would like to work at the Walkley and MEAA