Preview Information for Storyology Partners
Storyology 2014 features a great pool of international and Australian speakers and storytellers; all focused on the same goal: to build a sustainable and creative industry for the 21st century. We are delighted to have you on board as a key supporter of Storyology.
From December 1-4, 2014, we’re taking over the Chauvel Cinema complex in Paddington for Storyology, culminating in the 2014 Walkley Awards for Excellence in Journalism!
International speakers already announced include:
- Ben Smith, editor-in-chief of BuzzFeed and one of the most talented and admired scoop-mongers in the game
- Femi Oke, host of The Stream, Al Jazeera English, who harnesses social media in all corners of the world to deliver gripping news stories
- Kevin Davis, CEO and Executive Director, Investigative News Network, who knows how to access the best revenue streams for non-profit organisations
- Vivian Schiller, international media executive who has lead change as Head of News at Twitter, NBC News’ first chief digital officer and CEO of NPR.
- Maria Ressa, CEO of Rappler and instigator of social change in the Philippines
- Madhu Trehan, founder and editor of NewsLaundry, an innovative news platform in India
- Click here to see the full list
And that’s just for starters!
Our full speaker lineup will be released early next week but we wanted to give you – our partner – a preview of what’s in store:
Local headline speakers
- Sarah Ferguson on fearless interviewing
- Anne Summers in conversation with David Frum on politics, speechwriting and foreign affairs
- Journalism and Satire with Andrew O’Keefe, Wendy Harmer, Jonathan Biggins
- Explaining the complex: Science storytelling with Christine Kenneally, John Pickrell
- New models for storytelling – insights from Buzzfeed, Junkee, the Texas Tribune and more
- Big issues: mobile technology; Indigenous stories; bold experiments
- Master classes: how to think like an entrepreneur, talk in code, pitch your idea and find the money
- Specialised freelance program: new revenue streams and tools for freelancers
If you are interested in arranging media interviews with any of our speakers or want to find out more about this exciting event, contact Bridie Moran – our communications and partnerships manager: email@example.com