The three finalists in the prestigious Business category of the Walkley Awards for Excellence in Journalism were announced today in Sydney, at a lunch hosted by ING.
The 2018 finalists for the Walkley Award for Business Journalism are:
- Leo Shanahan, Sky News, “CBA international transaction monitoring investigation”
- Jonathan Shapiro, The Australian Financial Review, “Breaking Big Un”
- Edmund Tadros, The Australian Financial Review, “Big 4 and #MeToo”
The judges selected the finalists from more than 37 entries, and praised the persistence and painstaking research that went into the finalists’ stories.
Walkley Foundation chief executive Louisa Graham said the Walkley Award for Business Journalism has a proud history of impactful stories.
“Business journalism is far from a niche area of our media. These are stories that affect the lives of everyday Australians. And it’s so essential to our nation.”
All the Walkley Award winners will be announced at a gala dinner on Thursday 22 November, at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in partnership with Tourism & Events Queensland. The awards will be broadcast live on Sky News Extra Foxtel channel 604 and streamed live on the Walkley website (walkleys.com) from 8:30pm AEDT.
The judges for the 2018 Walkley Business Journalism Award were:
- Paul Colgan, Business Insider
- Alyssa McDonald, Bloomberg
- Sally Patten, The Australian Financial Review
For media enquiries contact Communications Manager Clare Fletcher, email@example.com or 02 9333 0925.