Applications have now closed
Applications have closed for this role.
The Walkley Foundation is all about the best journalism in the country. We promote excellence, best practice and have a trove of amazing content to work with. We take it as a given that you are a creative thinker with a track record of producing content that has impact, outcomes, and will build a community of support for journalism.
Key skills & Experience
- Proficient audio-visual production skills including editing
- Working under pressure to multiple deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to transform ideas quickly into engaging content
- Social media curation
- Attention to detail, accuracy and lateral thinking
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and visual
- Works well in a team environment
- Shows initiative and drive
- Proficient use of social media platforms and web applications including WordPress, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium
- Proficient in analytics and google tools
- Understand e-commerce principles
- Understanding of journalism
If you share our passion for public interest journalism and democracy, have excellent communications skills, know about audience engagement and can make content stand out then we need you.
These are some of the things you will be working on:
- Telling our story
- Build an audience for our events and podcast series.
- Amplify our public awareness campaigns and Walkley-winning content
- Support the development of the next stage of our Digital Archive Project
- Build readership for the Walkley Magazine
- Drive online donations through our digital platforms
How to Apply
Located in Redfern, Sydney, this is a permanent position and can be worked as 4 or 5 days per week. Salary will be in the vicinity of $60k-$75k pro-rata and commensurate with experience. Conditions include an additional 10.5% superannuation, salary sacrifice and 5.3 weeks annual leave. Flexible working hours.
Please contact email@example.com for a position description, then submit your CV and statement addressing the key skills and experience and answer the question ‘How will I build the Walkleys’ digital presence?’ by January 24, 2020.
The Walkley Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.