Applications for this role have now closed
About the Walkley Foundation
The Walkley Foundation has celebrated and supported great Australian journalism since the first Walkley Awards, established by Sir William Gaston Walkley, were handed out in 1956.
We are at the heart of the Australian media. We celebrate and promote the most skilful, impactful and captivating Australian stories, fostering resilience and growth in journalism in practical, measurable ways.
The Walkley Foundation is looking for an experienced, full-time Events and Program Coordinator to join our close-knit team. We’re not going to lie, it’s full-on at the Walkleys – we punch way above our weight! But it’s incredibly rewarding – we work with the best journalists in Australia and have amazing support across the industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and experienced coordinator. The successful candidate will be working closely with our Senior Awards and Partnerships Manager and Development Manager to deliver a year-round program of events and programs that showcase the best in Australian journalism.
This is a position for an efficient, motivated, highly organised individual, with an interest in Australian media. You will have demonstrated interpersonal and written communication skills, high attention to detail and the ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You will have experience managing relationships with external stakeholders and preferably media at a senior level. This role has enormous potential to grow as the organisation develops.
If you have had three or more years’ experience in a similar environment such as PR, events, festivals, publishing, media, advertising or arts organisations, we want to hear from you.
Key areas of responsibility will be coordination across:
- Events and public programs
- Mentoring, scholarships and fellowships
- International and local media exchanges
- Speaker engagement
- Support for Sponsorship across State Media Awards programs
- Support for Awards and Partnership Manager and Development Manager as needed.
Demonstrated experience in:
- Events, program or awards coordination
- Relationship management
- Social media and digital engagement
- Working in a team environment
- Time management
- Administration: keeping accurate, organised records
- Communications, including written and interpersonal
- Platforms such as: Mail Chimp, WordPress, Google Drive, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other programs
KPIs for Event and Program Coordinator
- Effective support across all tasks as directed
- Professional and positive attitude
- Work effectively as a team member
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Complete workflows to deadlines
- Uphold the culture and values of the Walkley Foundation
How to apply
Located in Redfern, Sydney, this is a permanent full-time position. Salary will be in the vicinity of $60k-$70k commensurate with experience. Conditions include an additional 10.5% superannuation, salary sacrifice and 5.3 weeks annual leave.
Applications for this role closed at 5pm, January 28, 2020.
The Walkley Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.