Watch on demand:
Freelance investigative and public interest reporting is having a huge impact in today’s media landscape. How do you manage a big, long-term project behind the scenes? Our award-winning freelance journalists will discuss funding sources, the challenges of freelance reporting in regional and international contexts, plus how they handle the classic business of freelancing from pitching to promotion and invoicing.
- Bob Burton, Freelance, Co-founder of Tasmanian Inquirer
- Shona Martyn, CEO, The Walkley Foundation
- Andrew Quilty, Freelance, 2021 Freelance Journalist of the Year
- Dale Webster, 2022 Freelance Journalist of the Year
- Aarti Betigeri, Multi-platform journalist and correspondent for Monocle and The Lowy Institute
- Jenny Farrar, Stakeholder Relationship Manager and Education Specialist, Media Super
The Business of Freelancing Final Notes
Media Super is the industry super fund for print, media, entertainment and arts, and broader creative industries. For over 30 years, in addition to providing support and advice, we’ve been committed to helping members achieve a comfortable retirement.
Media Super is also committed to supporting our members, employers, and our community of industries. We work closely with our industry partners to help them build vibrant, robust sectors.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to a Media Super representative, please contact Jenny Farrar, Stakeholder Relationship Manager and Education Specialist on 0472 837 817 or firstname.lastname@example.org