The William Buckland Foundation Fellowship with The Age
The successful applicant will have:
- a demonstrated passion for journalism across print and digital
- an excellent academic record
- excellent presentation, research and writing skills
- knowledge of and familiarity with G Suite
- the ability to work in a busy environment
- written and spoken proficiency in English
- Preferred skills: experience in data journalism and proficiency with google sheets/excel is preferred.
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Applicants must be freelance or part-time journalists based in regional, remote or community Victoria.
- Applicants who are in a full-time journalist position but are able to take an approved secondment at The Age will also be considered.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students will be eligible as long as they are working for a media organisation in a freelance or part-time capacity.
Placement period: 12 weeks August-October (There may be some flexibility on start dates).