The William Buckland Foundation Fellowship with The Age
You agree to:
- complete the work experience placement of twelve weeks. If you are unable to complete the full twelve weeks you agree to forfeit any further payments.
- carry out duties assigned by The Age. During the fellowship you will be bound to the same obligations and code of conduct behaviour as regular staff members.
- during the fellowship, you are bound by the same obligations as regular staff members.
- keep confidential any information obtained during the course of the fellowship.
- fund your own travel and accommodation costs if living outside of Melbourne
- provide a short bio and answer a short questionnaire about yourself which will be shared with the team at The Age before you take up your position.
- on completion of the fellowship, complete a short feedback form on your experience which will aid the Foundation in its assessment of the scholarship program.
- provide a testimony (written or filmed) outlining your experience and how it developed your understanding of journalism. This testimony will be provided to the scholarship committee and may be used in the marketing and promotion of the scholarship program.
- Applications for the 2019 William Buckland Foundation Fellowship will be open from Monday March 18, 2019 through to Friday April 26, 2019.
- Applications will be considered by a selection panel comprised of senior journalists and a representative from the Walkley Foundation.
- Shortlisted finalists will be announced in May 2019.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by judging panel (preferably in person) in the first week of June 2019. Dates may change depending on availability.
- The successful candidate will be notified shortly after.
- The offer must be accepted before the fellowship can be announced.
- The successful applicant will be announced at the Walkley Mid-Year Awards Celebration on June 26 in Sydney and recognised at the Walkley Finalist announcement in Melbourne in October.
Please note that:
- Thanks to funding from the William Buckland Foundation the recipient will receive $15,000 for the 12 week duration of the placement with The Age.
- Shortlisted applicants must be available to be interviewed (either in person or video conference) by the judging panel in Melbourne in the first week of June, 2019.
- The applicant must be available to undertake the 12-week fellowship in Melbourne within the application year. Dates to be confirmed, but placement start date will be no earlier than July 2019.
Have questions? Please email email@example.com