Walkley Young Australian Journalist of the Year Awards
Entries open Monday March 13, 2017
These awards recognise and reward the hard work of our most outstanding young Australian journalists. In 2017 these the awards will recognise those aged 28 and under who demonstrate excellence in the fundamental tenets of the craft as well as the ability to present distinctive and original journalism that pushes the boundaries of the profession.
The categories in 2017 are:
- Shortform journalism
- Longform feature or special
- Coverage of community & regional affairs
- Visual storytelling
- Public service journalism
- Student journalist of the year
- The Walkley Young Australian Journalist of the Year – this category is also open to nominations from senior colleagues.
- Read full category descriptions here.
** Please note that in that this year we have opened up the overall Walkley Young Australian Journalist of the Year Award to self and peer nominations. Winners of other categories will also be automatically go in the running for this award. Please read the full terms & conditions before entering.
Entry is open to young journalists employed full-time or freelance who have self-published or had work published or broadcast through Australian media outlets, including on-line publishers, between April 27, 2016 and April 26, 2017.
Entry is free for MEAA members.
Questions? Please contact either
- Lauren Dixon on +61 2 9333 0913 or at email@example.com
- Barbara Blackman on +61 2 9333 0921 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Look back on the past winners of the Walkley Young Australian Journalist of the Year Awards