The finalists have been announced for the Walkley Mid-Year Celebration of Journalism – read all the finalists here.
Sign up to our newsletter for updates.
The Walkley Young Australian Journalist of the Year Awards recognise and reward the hard work of our most outstanding young Australian journalists.
In 2020, these awards will recognise those aged 28 and under who demonstrate excellence in the fundamental tenets of the craft as well as the ability to present distinctive and original journalism that pushes the boundaries of the profession.
Winners announced at the 2020 Mid-Year Celebration of Journalism on June 17
Walkley Young Australian Journalist of the Year Categories
- All media: Shortform Journalism, (supported by ABC)
- All media: Longform Feature or Special (supported by The Sydney Morning Herald & The Age)
- All media: Coverage of Community & Regional Affairs (Supported by Google News Initiative)
- All media: Visual Storytelling (Supported by Sky NEWS)
- All media: Public Service Journalism (Supported by News Corp Australia)
- All media: Student Journalist of the Year (Supported by Macleay College)
The winner of each category goes into the running to named Walkley Young Australian Journalist of the Year.
See the full list of 2019 Mid-Year Celebration finalists here.