- The applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- The successful applicant must be able to participate in the scholarship for the entire 14-week period from August to November in Sydney in the year of application
- The chosen applicant must fulfil the entire 14 weeks of the scholarship
- The scholarship will be undertaken at the Walkley Foundation and the Nine Network in Sydney
- The scholarship recipient will receive a stipend of $10,500 to cover living expenses for the duration of the scholarship.
- Short course Gift Certificate to the value of $1000 for use against any AFTRS Short course at AFTRS. Courses are subject to availability and AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time.
The Walkley Foundation will coordinate directly with AFTRS course enrollment on behalf of the successful applicant.
- Successful applicants not from Sydney will need to fund their own travel and accommodation costs
- The successful applicant will participate in tasks assigned to them by the Walkley Foundation and Nine Network. During the scholarship, the successful applicant will be bound by the same obligations as regular staff members
- The successful applicant is expected to keep confidential any information obtained during the course of the scholarship. This obligation shall not cease upon departure from the Walkley Foundation
- On completion of the scholarship, the successful applicant must provide a report (written or filmed) outlining their experience and how it developed their understanding of journalism and in particular long-form journalism. This report will be provided to the scholarship committee and may be published in segments or in its entirety for the purposes of promoting the scholarship.
Have questions? Please email Lauren Dixon on email@example.com