Media Super Scholarship with Seven
You agree to:
- complete the work experience of twelve weeks. If you are unable to complete the full twelve weeks you agree to forfeit any further payments.
- carry out duties assigned by Seven. During the scholarship you will be bound to the same obligations and code of conduct behaviour as regular staff members.
- keep confidential any information obtained during the course of the scholarship.
- fund your own travel and accommodation costs if living outside of Sydney
- provide a short bio and answer a short questionnaire about yourself which will be shared with the team at Seven before you take up your position.
- on completion of the scholarship, complete a short feedback form on your experience which will aid the Foundation in its assessment of the scholarship program.
- provide a testimony (written or filmed) outlining your experience and how it developed your understanding of journalism. This testimony will be provided to the scholarship committee and may be used in the marketing and promotion of the scholarship program.
- Applications for the 2020 Media Super scholarship will be open from Monday August 10, 2020 through to Friday September 11, 2020.
- Applications will be considered by a selection panel comprised of senior journalists and a representative from the Walkley Foundation.
- Shortlisted finalists will be announced in September 2020.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by judging panel in the first week of October, 2020. Dates may change depending on availability.
- The successful candidate will be notified shortly after.
- The offer must be accepted before the scholarship can be announced.
- The successful applicant will be announced at the Walkley Finalist Announcements on Thursday Ocotober 15, 2020.
Please note that:
- The scholarship recipient will receive a stipend of $10,000 to cover living expenses for the duration of the scholarship.
- Shortlisted applicants must be available to be interviewed by the judging panel in Sydney in the first week of October 2020.
- The applicant must be available to undertake the 12-week scholarship in Sydney from mid January 2021. Dates to be confirmed.
Have questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org