2023 entries have closed.
Applicants must accept the following terms and conditions of the Fellowship:
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the Fellowship program for the full 12-month Fellowship.
- Applicants must be living and working in regional Australia. Applications from journalists based in an Australian state capital city, with the exception of Darwin, will not be considered.
- The applicant must be available to undertake the 5-day placement at the Australian Women’s Weekly office in Sydney on dates agreed with The Weekly.
- Applicants must submit 3 examples of previously published longform journalism for the application and provide a referee, and contact email and mobile number for each submitted work.
- Applicants must provide a 600-word written statement as to why they want this opportunity and what they can contribute to The Australian Women’s Weekly and its readers.
- Applicants must submit three written story ideas, to a maximum of 100 words each, and be prepared to discuss these stories at the interview if shortlisted.
- Be willing to take editorial guidance and adhere to deadlines.
- Maintain and submit receipts for reimbursement of approved expenses.
- Submit invoices as required to Are Media.
- Sign a standard Are Media Contributor’s Agreement.
- The winner must be available to travel to locations that may involve overnight stays of several days (such timing and detail to be agreed with The Weekly).