- This event has passed.
Webinar: Images with Impact
6 October @ 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm AEDTFree
Don’t miss this free webinar featuring Walkley Award-winning photojournalist Nick Moir in conversation with 2020 Walkley Mentee and freelance photojournalist Steven Saphore.
A conversation about Australian photojournalism from two perspectives, an established heavyweight and an emerging star. Nick and Steven will discuss the industry landscape at this point in time, and some of the bigger stories they’ve covered from the front line. As well as exploring the specialised skills and ethical best-practice of professional photojournalism, this session will explore what it means to build a career as a press photographer today and the importance of support and mentoring.
Moderating the discussion will be Heather Faulkner, adjunct researcher at the Griffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research and former Lecturer/Program Director at the Queensland College of Art, Griffith University.
Who should attend:
- Journalists interested in a career in photojournalism
- Visual storytellers interested in honing their craft
- Those interested in learning more about the Walkley mentorship program
- Individuals interested in the Walkley’s program to support journalism
What you’ll take away:
- A deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing photojournalists.
- Advice and examples of how to navigate a career as a press photographer.
- Clearer understanding of best-practice journalism from a multi award winning master of the craft.
- Information on the Walkley mentorship program and how to apply.
Date: Wednesday October 6, 2021
This event is FREE however spots are limited and registration is essential to secure your place.
We value excellence in journalism and we want to support journalists in reaching their potential. If you agree, please add a donation for our mentorship program to your registration or make a donation here.
With thanks to Mentorship program supporters:
The Dennoch Fund, a sub-fund of the Australian Communities Foundation, and the Hantomeli Foundation.