The William Buckland Foundation Fellowship with The Age
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You agree to:
- complete the work experience placement of twelve weeks. If you are unable to complete the full twelve weeks you agree to forfeit any further payments.
- carry out duties assigned by The Age.
- keep confidential any information obtained during the course of the fellowship.
- fund your own travel and accommodation costs if living outside of Melbourne
- provide a short bio and answer a short questionnaire about yourself which will be shared with the team at The Age before you take up your position.
- on completion of the fellowship, complete a short feedback form on your experience which will aid the Foundation in its assessment of the fellowship program.
- provide a testimony (written or filmed) outlining your experience and how it developed your understanding of journalism. This testimony will be shared with the funders (William Buckland Foundation) and may be used in the marketing and promotion of the fellowship program.
The Walkley Foundation will:
- Pay the successful applicant a stipend of $1,666.67 per week for the 12-week period. This will be paid on a fortnightly basis by the Foundation.
- The stipend payment contributes to costs incurred by the fellowship recipient in relation to the placement. It includes but is not limited to the following:
- Relocation costs, travel, accommodation, and cost of living expenses to undertake the fellowship
- Travel to and from home to the place of business designated by the hosting organisations.
- Ensure that the fellowship recipient is covered by the Foundation’s Public Liability and Workers Compensation policies
- The media host commits to hosting the winner for the duration of the twelve-week placement; if for any reason they cannot see the program through to its conclusion, they must notify the Foundation within seven days.
- The fellowship recipient commits to the entire duration of the twelve-week placement and if for any reason they cannot see the program through to its conclusion, they must notify the Foundation within seven days. If they are unable to complete the placement, they will not continue to receive the stipend.
- The Foundation may terminate the placement if the fellowship recipient has failed to meet the terms and conditions listed.
Please note that:
- Shortlisted applicants must be available to be interviewed (via video conference) by the Melbourne judging panel in early October 2022.
- The applicant must be available to undertake the 12-week fellowship in Melbourne in 2023. Dates to be confirmed, but the placement start date will be no earlier than February 2023
Have questions? Please email email@example.com